Limitations on Size of your Purchase
By Raul Leon, Attorney
What restrictions apply for the constitution of a Restricted Zone trust?

There are only two restrictions to have in mind:
If the real estate property is subject to an “ejido” (a Mexican special type of communal ownership originally established
for farming communities), such property must pass through the legal process of Derecho Al Tanto or it may not be legally
transferred and may be subject to nullification of the transaction.
If the total land surface of the real estate property is more than 2000 square meters, the foreigner is obligated to subscribe
and grant to the Foreign Affairs Ministry a Promise of Investment Letter, through which he legally obligates himself to invest certain amount of money into the property in a certain time frame according to the following table:


Increasing successively each 1,000 M2 or fraction.

By Raúl León.  Attorney At Law , Expert in Mexican Trust (Fideicomiso), Commerce & Real Estate Attorney., From US: Cel. 011 521 624-151- 6332, Office: 011 52 143-8000, Local Cel: (624) 151-6332, e- Mail: